Wednesday, June 1, 2016

To The Boy Who Loves Quietly



Your love is not a bouquet of roses adorned with Ferrero Rocher chocolates. It’s not Saturday date nights, a table reserved for two at a fancy restaurant. It’s not a grand public display of affection. It’s not for everybody to see. It’s not for everyone to know. But it’s mine to keep.

Your kind of love is quiet. It’s a simple message in the morning, and one in the night, and sometimes an ‘I’m thinking of you’ in the middle of a busy day. It’s the endless talks of nothing and everything. It’s the same shared sense of humour, from the small chuckles to the loud belly laughs. It’s the talk that lasts until morning yet feels like minutes. It’s when you let me ramble on and on about my day with you looking at me and listening to me like I’m the most interesting person on earth. It’s the talks of the future which normally scares me, but with you it feels only natural to. It’s when you reminding me to take care of myself but me hearing it as an honest I love you.

Your love crept up on me unwittingly that I just woke up one day and found myself looking at you with brand new eyes. You never forced that love on me. As we talked and spent time together, you were planting that love like a flower seed and everyday, you watered it with care and allowed it to bloom in the right time. You waited until I could feel that flower blooming inside my heart, forcing me to recognize it as what it was. It may have taken some time, it may have been slow, but it was the kind of love that is anything but selfish. And I’d choose it everyday.

Your love is something people would feel whenever they see me with you. It’s something they wouldn’t always see, but something they would always know. It’s something they wouldn’t notice at first, but would eventually realize in each of the subtle ways we show each other that love: the unconscious holding of hands, the long understanding stares, whispers of I love you, our inside jokes, the way we say each other’s name. It may seem like it’s not but it’s always there.

It’s not a lightning bolt that struck me out of my consciousness. It’s not my heart beating fast, as if it would come right out of my chest. It’s not when I see you, I am left breathless. Instead it’s like this: when I’m with you I feel relaxed, safe, and cared for. And most especially, I am sure.

You see, I’m almost never sure of anything but when it comes to you, I don’t have a single doubt in my mind that what we have can last.

It will last…at least for as long as it shall.



No comments:

Post a Comment