Monday, September 15, 2014

IN SILENCE

In silence
I found a friend
I found solace
And it didn’t seem to end.

In silence
I found something oddly pretty
Without the noise it makes
It exudes a quiet beauty.

In silence
I found pain
It rang in my ears
It rang in my brain.

In silence
I heard everything
I heard every damned noise
That my bloodstream was making.

In silence
I looked for freedom
And then I heard a voice
But it wasn’t mine.

It was in silence
When I heard your voice
You were calling to me
But why is there so much noise?

In silence, I kept calling
And I assume you heard me
But you did not respond
Perhaps my voice echoed vaguely.

In silence is where
Eventually I found my answer
That you weren’t calling for me,
Because you were calling for another.

When your voice was gone
In silence, I stayed and held my ground
But someone heard my muffled cries
And took my hand then pulled me out.

And then the silence
Was suddenly replaced with noise
But all I heard was his heart
Calling out for my voice.

In silence I have been lost
In it I almost drowned
But despite all the noises of the world
It was my voice he had found.

I’ve never heard such beauty
In the noise that I’ve been avoiding
For it wasn’t really a noise, but a sound
Of his heart and mine,
As together they pound.

In eternal silence
He saved me from
He introduced me to songs
That I could sing to;
He gave me freedom.

In silence I found him
In the noise he heard me.
We’re two people who wanted to escape
We’re two people meant for eternity.






No comments:

Post a Comment