Monday, September 15, 2014

You’re like Math
Yeah, Mathematics, Algebra, Calculus and the likes
All those complicated numbers and letters and Greek symbols that never really made sense to me
All those tangents and cosines and graphs and diagrams that my brain refuses to digest
That’s what you are to me
Sometimes I understand you, most of the time I don’t
And I may ignore and get tired of you for a while
I still find myself going back,
Missing your complicatedness
Needing a dose of your mystery
Hating your casual arrogance
Longing for your unmitigated gentleness
Figuring out your silence
And finding meaning into your grins.

You speak of things not many people can relate to
And there are times you are unapologetic when you say awful things unintentionally
I admire your skill of being carefree
Looking at you makes one feel so…unburdened; light
But there are times I look at you and see your soul reflected into your brown eyes
You don’t notice it because I don’t let you
I pull away from your amused stares
I pull away from your double-meaning words
Because I’m afraid to find out whether I’m right or wrong
To assume what they were about

But as much as I admire your carelessness, I hate it too
You show kindness to everyone and everyone mistakes it for something else
And I hate how I’m one of them
However, there are times I catch you staring at me
And when I stare back, you smile and don’t look away
I’m not insensitive and I think you feel something for me
But unless you directly state them, I won’t assume
I won’t
I don’t want to be disappointed
I don’t want to get hurt
And I don’t want you to know that
You have an overwhelming power to either love me or hurt me.

I didn’t ask for confusion
And yet God gave me you
Well, not really no
At least I don’t think so
But for whatever reason, I’m still thankful
Because of you,
Because of only you,
I am getting better
I am changing for the better
I have learned how to keep it all together
But even though you don’t care,
Thank you anyway

You dense, insensitive, ungrateful shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment